MH Virtual Academy
Welcome to Monterey Heights Virtual Academy!
In the 2021-2022 school year, we were able to launch Virtual Academy and to provide education for students that had a strong desire to be online during the pandemic. We also came to understand that there are many students that prefer the online environment and learn better that way. We are excited to continue to provide educational opportunities for students in the 22-23 school year at Monterey Heights Virtual Academy.
As a student at Monterey Heights Virtual Academy in the 22-23 school year, you will experience a school year filled with fun, productive online learning instruction, in person social activities, and opportunities for in-person small group instruction, I-READY diagnostic testing, library, and STEAM lab. The Monterey Heights staff are committed to helping you learn and grow to reach your maximum potential.
Our staff use a blend of online meetings and digital content to provide instruction for our core classes. Students are expected to participate regularly in online class meetings with teachers. Students are also expected to complete a variety of learning experiences outside of the meeting times. This work is a required part of the instruction. Students will participate in independent learning activities that will introduce them to new topics and content standards.
New in 22-23:
- Virtual Academy is now called MH Virtual Academy and teachers will be housed on Monterey Heights site at 7550 Canton Drive, Lemon Grove, CA 91945
- Virtual Home Visits- All classroom teachers will be required to conduct a virtual home visit with all families within the first week of school. Please look out for an invitation from your student’s classroom teacher.
- On Campus STEAM Lab- students will have the opportunity to come on site for our STEAM Lab to participate in hands-on STEAM lessons.
- Intervention Support: We are excited to add some intervention support for students that are having academic or behavioral difficulty in the online format. If a student is struggling or falling behind in any grade level our intervention team will be in contact with the student and family to build a specific plan for supporting the student in learning. While much of the intervention will be able to be provided online, students may be asked to come to the school building for some tutoring and support.
- Monday, August 15th from 12:00-2:30pm we will be having supply distribution in the Library
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022- First Day of School
- Tuesday, August 16th & Wednesday, August 17th Minimum Day for all students
- KINDER ONLY- August 16th- August 24th- Minimum Days
- Thursday, September 8, 2022- Back to School Night- 5:00-6:30pm
Rosaland Turner, Principal